Dementia, finances, care homes and everything in between
Lucy Pollock (author)
“How do we start?
* How do we ask whether it’s worth taking seven different medicines?
* Is it normal to find you’re falling out of love with someone, as they disappear into dementia?
* Should Dad be driving, and if not, who can stop him?
* What are the secrets of the best care homes?
* When does fierce independence become bad behaviour?
* How do you navigate near-impossible discussions around resuscitation and intensity of treatments?
* And who decides what happens when we become ill?
Serious, funny, kind and knowledgeable, this readable book helps guide us through essential conversations about getting older that go straight to the heart of what matters most.”
Waterstones source: https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-book-about-getting-older-for-people-who-dont-want-to-talk-about-it/lucy-pollock/9780241423394